We know you're just starting to pour your PSLs and grab your flannel from the storage boxes, but can we direct your attention to the end of the year for just a small moment? Because, ready or not, the beginning of Advent is just under 8 weeks away, and we would love to help make your preparation for the Christmas season simple and profoundly fruitful.
Peace Has a Name // The 2022 Catholic Advent Devotional for Women
In the midst of the changing seasons—both literally and metaphorically—the idea of peace can seem like an unattainable ideal. Everything is always changing, so where do we rest?
We know that our true peace comes from the Prince of Peace, but we can struggle to live out that reality in our daily lives when so much clamors for our attention and anxiety. And yet it is only when we are at peace with Our Lord that we are able to be free, to fully live our lives in relationship with Him and to fulfill His mission for us.
In this pursuit of the freedom found in peace, we at Blessed is She hope to offer you space this Advent to reflect upon the theme and Source of peace in our 2022 Catholic Advent devotional for women: Peace Has a Name.
What to Expect in the Advent Devotional
We invite you to bring your heart before the Prince of Peace all throughout the Advent season. Each chapter of this devotional walks through a different element of peace and the would-be thieves of our peace culminating in meditation on why God is Peace and that He alone can give it to us. We have a chance to hear and learn from the stories written by Kendra Tierney, Karen Schultz, Leana Bowler, and Sr. Maria Kim Bui.
The Weekly Themes //
- What we think peace is
- Where we seek out peace
- Who or what steals our peace
- Why God alone brings peace
How the Weeks are Structured //
- Sundays // Ponder Father Jacques Philipe’s five tenets of peace.
- Mondays // Read an excerpt from Saint Paul’s letters, practicing lectio divina and responding to a question.
- Tuesdays // Hear a story about a time in which the author for the week's peace was challenged.
- Wednesdays // Read an excerpt from a Gospel account, practicing lectio divina and responding to a question.
- Thursdays // Hear a story assuaging our storyteller’s peace.
- Fridays // Draft your peace petitions for the Prince of Peace and pray with the Canticle of Zechariah
- Saturdays // Practice visio divina and sit with sacreed art in prayer and ponderance.
Advent Bundles for the Whole Crew
As usual, along with our Catholic Advent devotional for women, we are offering a variety of bundles for you and the little ones in your life!
In the Advent bundle, you will receive a devotional, an ornament, and a Rosary made just for us.
In the Advent + kids bundle, you can get the devotional for women and our exclusive devotional for kids at a discounted price.
In the Advent + Emmanuel bundle, you will receive the Advent devotional along with our evergreen Christmas coffee table table to help you prayerfully celebrate the Christmas season.
Peace Has a Name, Peace is a Person
Now that you've secured your Advent devotional and checked that off your mental list, we return you to your fall preparations and traditions. We will be waiting for you at the start of Advent, ready to encounter Peace Himself by your side.
Have you snagged your Advent devotional yet? Advent will be here before we know it—don't wait too long!