A year ago it hit me. I woke up in the realization that I was *finally* in a different place. It was like the fog had lifted and the clouds had cleared.
It may have been that my baby turned one and had slept a longer stretch at night. But really, most of it was that all the hard work paid off. I knew my gifts and I was using them. I wanted to share how the Church’s teachings had deepened my life and God’s grace had brought me here.
And so this course was born.
Discovering the Gift of You
It has taken me this past year to develop it, starting with forming a leader/gift group for the Blessed is She community on Facebook, assembling a six-month free course on leading your group for thousands of women via email, listening to the needs and challenges women face, and reading lots of Church documents and wisdom from the Saints.
Ways to Know Yourself and Your Gifts Better
Friends, this 7 video course, 30-minutes each, quickly covers a lot of ground. In five ways, it guides you through knowing yourself better and activating your gifts.
What to Expect from the Course:
- an introduction and “Gift of You Assessment” which categorizes you in one of nine roles, and takes your top 3-4 roles moving forward to inform the rest of the course (I am dying to hear what everyone is! Usher? Cantor? Front Pew?).
- a primer on the Church’s teachings and wisdom on prayer and developing your relationship with God, complete with a patron Saint for each role and the challenges and victories you may face in prayer based on your personality
- a crash course on creating, sustaining, and living out authentic sisterhood and community, again, with an eye on how your roles influence this
- a reframing of your whole perspective and the practice of being in the presence of God at all times to discern His will
You’ll Also Get:
- a blueprint for activating the Gifts and Fruits of the Holy Spirit based on your “role” and discerning God’s plan for you
- two bonus thirty-minute videos on leadership/the critical six questions/the archetypal females/Catholic self-care
The Opportunity for Retreat
An application-only small private retreat is another option for this course. Join Jenna and me in remote Wisconsin on 120 acres of private land. See the bottom of this page for details.
Watch the replay of the free workshop to hear more about how this all came to be.
I hope you will join me and the many women who have already begun this journey! Make this the year you examine yourself, know yourself, and give yourself more fully to those around you and to Our Heavenly Father.5 Ways to Know Yourself and Your Gifts Better #BISblog // Click To Tweet
Nell O’Leary is a recovering lawyer turned blogger, speaker, and sewer of baby goods while tending to her husband and four kiddos in the great city of Saint Paul, Minnesota. She serves as Managing Editor for Blessed is She and can down a hot cocoa in no time flat. Find out more about her here. She is the editor of our Blessed Conversations Series and guide for the Gift of You course.