Saint Paul gave the Colossians some very helpful advice in our reading today. As you get ready for your day, dear sister, follow these top ten tips from our wise spiritual guide. They have helped me immensely, and I hope they inspire you to grow in holiness today.
1) Put on heartfelt compassion. Compassion literally means “to suffer with.” Jesus will be with you as you suffer today. And Christ may invite you to suffer with someone else in a particular way. How will your heart show them compassion?
2) Put on kindness. Show kindness to yourself and all those you will encounter today. Your friendly smile, generous heart, and considerate words will help someone encounter Jesus today.
3) Put on humility. Have you heard this version of the Litany of Humilty? Choose one line of the prayer to focus on today.
4) Put on gentleness. Remember to first be gentle with yourself and then extend that gentleness to others.
5) Put on patience. Again, be patient with yourself first, and then to those you will encounter today. Offer forgiveness as you bear with the weaknesses of others.
6) Put on love, the bond of perfection. Gaze at your crucifix and learn from the Heart of Jesus. If you are able, receive Jesus in the Most Blessed Sacrament of the Altar at Mass today.
7) Let the peace of Christ control your heart. Jesus is the Prince of Peace Who dwells within you. He wants to pour out this gift of peace on you today.
8) Be thankful. Cultivate gratitude by writing in your journal, mailing a thank-you card, and thanking those who serve you today.
9) Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly. Physically crack open your Bible today, even if it is dusty. Let the Word of God penetrate your thoughts, words, and actions.
10) Do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus. Let Him accompany you in the ordinary and extraordinary events of your day. Jesus is with you and wants you to do everything in His Most Holy Name.
Which of these resonates most strongly with you today?Jesus is with you. // Rose Coleman Click To Tweet
Thank you for being here.
This daily reflection is free, but you can go deeper with the Blessed is She community by signing up for a BIS Membership. You’ll join a community platform just for Members, participate in monthly live workshops, receive auto-shipped journals, free shipping, 10% off always, and more.